Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Alternative Vocation

There are some who didn't care for this story from the Archdiocese of Milwaukee newspaper's vocation supplement about a priest who occasionally dresses up as a clown (not at mass, mind you, but at parish carnivals and such).

To make them feel better, I offer what I suspect is their dream vocational article:

Asked to describe his best memory as a priest, Fr. X recalled the time he assisted Abp. Wuerl at Mass at the National Shrine:

"It came time for communion, and was given a cup, and up strolls Nancy Pelosi. Abp. Wuerl, wuss that he is, gives her communion!!! I could not believe my eyes!"

"Then, she strolls over to my cup, expecting me to allow her to disgrace the sacrament once again."

"Well, not on my watch. Ms. Pelosi bowed her head quietly like the devout Catholic she pretends to be. I acted like I was going to give her the cup, and said 'The Blood of Christ.... will not touch your lips today!' and snatched the cup back. Man, you should have seen the look on her face!"

"To me, that's the best part of being a priest, putting fake Catholics like Nancy Pelosi in their place. "

Post a Comment