Friday, April 08, 2005

WE'VE GOT A PROBLEM
It's a very sad thing that many people's reaction to something like this is not outrage at the situation, but skepticism because this is being brought up by that "pro-life" crowd.

We've got a credibility problem. And I'm not sure it can all be laid at the feet of the biased media. But it's hindering our ability to effectively witness.

This poses a problem for me in how to react to stories like this. I want to say "Screw Federalism! Screw the separation of powers! Screw the Constitution! Screw the law! If these are the results, then why should I respect them?"

But then I remember that this is perfect fodder for those inclined to dismiss the witness of pro-lifers as the ravings of extremists.

So, I'm in a bind. Is the current system salvagable? Do we need to be more extreme, since the current culture is so depraved, or less so we can be more effective at working within it?
Post a Comment