Tuesday, September 28, 2004

PERFECT EXAMPLE
Here is a perfect example of what I'm referring to below.

Problem: In this country 1.5 million unborn children are killed each year by abortion.
Solution ???? Pound the pope and the Vatican for giving an honor to a politician form an island nation who once voted to legalize abortion in cases of rape and incest.

From here on out, my standard response when asked to be outraged about things like this will be, "and how many unborn children will this save?"

And we wonder why people think we're not really serious about ending abortion...

UPDATE: For those coming from Mark Shea's blog, I should add that while the bill Hunte voted for did only allow abortion is cases of rape, incest, and the life of the mother, I should add that he was also quoted as saying, "I think every woman must have a choice. I am a pro-choice man." I don't know if that means the same thing in St. Lucia as in the US, but it would be an additional reason to question the knighthood.

I've apologized to Mark, and I apologize to any I've misled.

Post a Comment