Tuesday, August 20, 2002

NOT ON STRIKE
Bill Simmons says fans should boycott baseball. I disagree.

Look, I'm the first one to admit that bother the owners and the players' union are being silly. To me, the owners all seem healous of the Yankees' success and are looking to punish them for it. And the players' union seems more interested in protecting superstars' right to ridiculous contracts than in fair terms for the lower 75% of players.

But I enjoy going to the ballpark. And I'm not going to stop going just because I think the folks running the business are foolish. I'm not going to give them that power over me. So, if it's a warm summer evening, and the Cardinals are in town, and I've got a few spare bills in my pocket, you might find me at the ballpark.

I'm not going to miss a no-hitter, or a great postseason because I'm holding a grudge. It doesn't really matter, and it's a little childish.
Post a Comment