Friday, June 07, 2002

LEWIS vs. TYSON
I can't get excited about he fight, despite the levele of hype. It seems strange to me that SportsCenter seems to spend half of its time covering this fight in the middel of the baseball season with the NBA and Stanley Cup Finals going on. But anyway....

I'm torn about how I feel about Tyson getting this fight. I don't think his preior convictions should preclude him from his porfession, especially since that profession is trying to beat people unconscious. Still, there's something unsavory about the way Tyson is being trotted out. He's a freak show, most people wathcing him will be doing so out of morbid curiosity, to see if he again snaps and does something outrageous. One gets the feeling Tyson is being exploited, even more so than all boxers are.

Lennox Lewis has always been a bit of an enigma. He's still never had a definitive victory, and he's getting up there in age.

I think the fight itself will be pretty dull. Tyson will come out with an early flurry, which Lewis will avoid. Then, a deperate Tyson will leave himself open for a knockout around the sixth round, if not earlier.
Post a Comment