- Houston Astros: Think they'll put it together with a good youg pitching staff and a new manager.
- St. Louis Cardinals: I'm betting a lot of regulars (notably J.D. Drew, Jim Edmonds, and Darryl Kile) get slowed by injuries this year.
- Chicago Cubs: Making some efforts to win, but still have some gaping holes
- Cincinnati Reds: Pretty good everyday lineup; scary rotation
- Milwaukee Brewers: Lousy ptiching staff speels doom for Selig's boys.
- Pittsburgh Pirates: Not much to like here, even if "Operation Shutdown" never comes to pass
Tuesday, March 26, 2002
NL CENTRAL PREVIEW