Thursday, February 14, 2002

SPELLING ERRORS -- THE KEY TO CHEAP GOOGLE HITS
I misspelled "controversy" as "controversey" below, leading to several google hits from googlers making the same mistake. It makes sense they would find me -- the coverage from the established media wouldn't let an error like that get out. That's one thing the traditional media is good at. But I have no editor to tell me about my silly misspellings, so they go out to be googled by all my fellow careless spellers. If that's how you got here, welcome.

Bryan Preston had a similar thing happen to him when he replaced the 'm' with a 'k' in the word "named," leading to lots of hits from folks looking for immodest pictures.

So, if you notice any other spelling errors, they're not really errors. They're deliberately there so I can artificially grab traffic from Google. (;-)
Post a Comment