First entry in what may become a regular feature, outlining the stories receiving top billing at news and new commentary sties around the web. E-mail me if there's a site that I should add to my tracking list.
- CNN: Lawmakers summon Lay
- MSNBC: Will he TALK? -- Lawmakers to subpeona ex-Enron CEO, but testimony called unlikely.
- Fox News: Laying on a Subpoena -- Senate Commerce Committee unanimously votes to subpoena former Enron CEO Ken Lay after he refused to testify before Congress
- Slate: Intel Beats Microsoft! -- And other news from the year in philanthropy.
- Salon: Lost boys -- While girls surge ahead in all subjects at school, boys are lagging behind. Is "girl power" to blame? Do boys need their own dose of "empowerment"
- ESPN: Nets Not Kidding